A membership organization leading positive social change and delivering value to people age 50 and over through information, advocacy and service.
- Administration of Aging The mission of the Administration on Aging (AoA) is to help elderly individuals maintain their dignity and independence in their homes and communities through comprehensive, coordinated, and cost effective systems of long-term care, and livable communities across the U.S.
- Aging with Dignity Aging with Dignity is a national non-profit organization with a mission to affirm and safeguard the human dignity of individuals as they age and to promote better care for those near the end of life.
- Alzheimer’s Association The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research.
- American Cancer Society
Information about cancer, cancer treatment, support groups and services, and special health needs of patients and survivors.
- American Diabetes Association
The American Diabetes Association is leading the fight against the deadly consequences of diabetes and fighting for those affected by diabetes. The Association funds research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes; delivers services to hundreds of communities; provides objective and credible information; and gives voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes. Founded in 1940, our mission is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- Assisted Living Federation of America The Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) is the largest national association exclusively dedicated to professionally operated assisted living communities for seniors. Assisted Living Federation of America’s member-driven programs promote business and operational excellence through national conferences, research, publications, and executive networks. The Assisted Living Federation of America works to influence public policy by advocating for informed choice, quality care, and accessibility for all Americans.
- Division of Quality Assurance Resources
The Division of Quality Assurance (DQA), is responsible for assuring the safety, welfare and health of persons using health and community care provider services in Wisconsin.
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America resulted from a union of three North American Lutheran church bodies: The American Lutheran Church, the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches and the Lutheran Church in America.
- Families for Depression Awareness Depression affects 15 percent of people over 65, and as many as 25 percent of people living in assisted living communities. This is a site devoted to helping families recognize and cope with depressive disorders.
- FirstGov.gov for Seniors
The official U.S. gateway to all government electronic information related to senior issues.
- HUD-Senior Citizen Resources
Looking for housing options for yourself, an aging parent, relative, or friend? Do some research first to determine what kind of assistance or living arrangement you need.
- Lutheran Services in America
Lutheran Services in America is an alliance of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, and their over 300 health and human service organizations. Together, these organizations touch the lives of more than six million people – one in 50 Americans each year – and have aggregated annual incomes over $16.6 billion.
- Medicare Rights Center
The Medicare Rights Center is a national, nonprofit consumer service organization that works to ensure access to affordable health care for older adults and people with disabilities through counseling and advocacy, educational programs and public policy initiatives.
- National Family Caregiver Support Program
The Wisconsin National Family Caregiver Support Program offers information, support, and resources to assist family caregivers (spouse, adult child, other relative, friend or neighbor) with their concerns related to caregiving.
- National Institute of Health Senior Health
This site is designed especially for adults 60 and older. Up to date practical health information presented in an easy to read language.